Video & Broadcast Director
Video & Broadcast Director
Editors, Production Directors, Switchers, Camera, Runners and Volunteers
Purpose of Position:
To provide leadership to all visual & broadcast components within pre-production, post-production, broadcast outlets, services, events, meetings and programs. The Visual & Broadcast Director oversees the production and creation of all visual production components for all viewing audiences internally and externally.
The Visual & Broadcast Director manages storage area networks and software toolsets; as well plans facilities, studio and field-based video productions, including planning, filming, editing, sound mixing, motion graphic design, and compression output of a wide range of products for all multi-site campuses and broadcast outlets; and the supporting staff required to accomplish the daily projects at a high echelon of excellence in pre-production, post-production and projection.
- Exude a strong level of administration and people skills for both paid and unpaid staff.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals and training, maintenance and day/evening productions/services.
- Assist in the development and implementation of preventative maintenance routines and inspections - particularly life safety and production/service critical - for all departmental equipment as well as equipment that may not be directly owned by Elizabeth Baptist Church but has significance to the production/service and a relationship to the department's function; ensure that these routines and inspections are appropriately documented.
- Ensure all departmental audio & visual designs, equipment, system functions, procedures, production tracks, maintenance and inspections logs, special projects, and etc. are properly and adequately documented using standard tools and other computer tools, drawings, photographs, logs, spreadsheets and other methods that may be appropriate; creation and design intent should be documented as well as on-going changes to the production/service.
- Ensure that all departmental personnel are adequately and appropriately trained according to the guidelines established by Elizabeth Baptist Church and management.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and staff/volunteer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with director of marketing, graphic designer and department directors to create appropriate and engaging content for promotional purposes.
- Thorough working knowledge and capability to operate DSLR and broadcast video camera and shooting capability.
- Knowledge of format integration within all the broadcast and video editing systems
- Ability to adjust the fidelity, brightness and contrast of video transmissions, using video console control panels.
- Ensure signal and all equipment is functioning properly before scheduled program by: #1 logging transmitter readings, #2 monitor and adjust clarity, reliability and strength of incoming and outgoing signals.
- Ensure that visual technicians are trained on equipment and properly setting-up and tearing down various functions.
- Inventory equipment and supplies in order to maintain proper parts stock levels.
- Oversee Pre-Production and Post-Production plans and performs video post-production tasks which includes reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, tape logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction and final editing using industry standard equipment and software.
- Thorough use of computer graphics and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall production concept including compressing video projects for output and capturing recorded video using software and encode media as appropriate.
- Check and Update ALL associated equipment and software on a weekly basis to ensure proper operation of ALL equipment in your area.
- Ensure video products are available in the variety of formats needed including, DVDs, streaming media files, vimeo, BETA, hard disk and etc.
- Locate and secure settings, properties, effects, and other production necessities.
- Review, evaluate, and direct modifications to material produced independently by other personnel and/or outsourced vendors.
- Be familiar with all functions within your department and, in some cases, able to operate the audio components within your department.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects
- Action-oriented and display focus, passion and initiative.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses
- Experience with both Mac and PC computer Platforms
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Video Editing Systems, Pro Presenter, and etc.
- Solid experience in nonlinear editing, and the creation of a video from initial idea to final, edited composition.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (Avid Media Composer, LightWorks, Premiere, Adobe After Effects & Premiere, Final Cut Pro and etc.)
- Solid experience with cinematography, lighting, and computer applications for special effects inclusive of 3Dand deliver digital audio, video, and motion graphics.
- Budgeting and proposal writing skill.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Ability to instruct, organize and direct to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Ministry experience in a creative, fast-paced, result-driven environment
- At least 3-5 years of previous experience (preferred in a Church Multi-Site Context)
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in film studies, cinematography, telecommunication, or media-related field and/or completion of a certificate program in television production or at least 4-5 years of experience in video production.
- 2-3 year experience and training in studio and field production including lighting, audio and camera work.
- Time Management, storyboard, and team building