Spiritual Gift Assessment
The Spiritual Gifts Assessment helps individuals identify their God-given gifts for living faithfully as Christian disciples day by day and find meaningful ways to use their gifts in connection with others through the community of faith. The process helps people understand the nature of spiritual gifts and ways to enhance the effectiveness of their gifts by linking together with others.
STEP 1: TAKE THE SELF ASSESSMENT
DIRECTIONS: This is not a test, so there are no wrong answers. Some items reflect concrete actions; other items are descriptive traits; and still others are statements of belief. Select the one response you feel best characterizes yourself from the drop down list below the question. Do not spend too much time on any one item. Remember, it is not a test. Usually your immediate response is best. Please give an answer for each item. Do not skip any items. Once completed, please note the gifts with the highest scores, and add the attributes to your EBC member profile in Realm.
For each of the questions that follow, choose the number that corresponds with the response that most closely matches how you perceive yourself. Here is the scale of responses:
4 = Consistently true
3 = Frequently true
2 = Occasionally true
1 = Infrequently true
0 = Rarely true
Answer as truthfully as you can. After responding to each question, the values in scoring grid (below the form) will be automatically calculated to analyze your results, then proceed to step 2 below the results.
Some notes about your results
- The higher the score, the stronger the corresponding gift.
- Note how your highest-scoring gifts have the potential to complement and support one another.
- Your perceptions will be validated by others and confirmed over time through prayer and practice. Listen for that affirmation as others confirm your gifts through genuine expressions of approval and gratitude for a job well done!
- God also gave us abilities and passions, so don’t feel like you can’t serve in an area that is not specifically your spiritual gift. Sometimes we just need to try something we think we would enjoy doing and see if it’s a good fit.
- By the same token, not having a certain gift does not mean that we have no responsibilities in that area. For example, God expects all Christians to give, to serve, to show mercy, etc. Some are just gifted in an extraordinary capacity in those areas.
STEP 2: INPUT YOUR RESULTS INTO Your MyEBC Account
Now that you have scored your test and identified your strongest gifts, you can enter those results in Realm.
Simple steps for adding the Spiritual Gifts Attributes to your EBC member profile:
- If you have not yet logged into Realm, go to www.onrealm.org/elizabethbaptist to create an account
- Once in your profile, click on the “Edit Profile” button
- Click on the tab labeled “Personal Information”
- On the “Personal Information” tab, you will see “Spiritual Gift 1, 2, 3 & 4.” Click on the drop down arrow Ú to select from the list of spiritual gifts
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Save” button
With spiritual gifts on your profile, ministries are able to search for and recruit individuals
with attributes that match their serving opportunities.
We look forward to serving with you!